History of Ypsotec AG
In 1916, the Décolletage AG was founded outside Grenchen, at the same site Ypsotec AG calls its home today.
In 1994, Willy Michel acquired Décolletage AG from Suunto on behalf of Disetronic. Disentronic was in the self-injection business and was a leader on the market, especially for insulin pumps.
In 2003, Disetronic sold the pump business to Roche. The pen-injection business remained under the control of founder Willy Michel and was renamed Ypsomed. The name Décolletage AG was changed to Ypsotec AG.
Between 2003 and 2007, pen assembly was a very important activity of Ypsotec AG before this business division was transferred to Ypsomed AG. With Ypsomed as a customer, Ypsotec AG was able to establish itself in the medical technology sector very early on and establish the high requirements in this industrial sector as a standard.
In the past, Ypsomed AG made up 60% of Ypsotec's sales share. Today, it comprises only 10%. One-third of all business activities are related to medical technology, while two-thirds entail industrial applications, particularly automation.
Ypostec AG has a long tradition in long turning. In the past 10 years, the company has also successfully expanded its expertise to include short turning, milling, laser engraving and welding, and assembly.
Ypsotec AG has been ISO 9001-certified since 2001 and has been ISO 13485-certified since 2002.